The institution has published the following scholarship announcement:
In an interdisciplinary research group consisting of Prof Dr Astrid Lorenz, 3 postdocs, 2 doctoral students and 5 research assistants, we investigate rule of law perceptions in East Central Europe. More specifically, we examine the extent to which the rule of law perceptions present in Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania represent particular national paths, recent conflicts between politics and the judiciary and peculiarities of post-socialist transformation and European integration. To this end, we bring together expertise from regional studies and disciplinary approaches (political science, sociology, history, cultural studies).
- being part of an international research team
- getting insights in our qualitative methodological approach and research findings
- receiving comments and support for your own research or plans
- laying the ground for possible joint projects and publications
- free choice of the term of your stay
- If you are an employed researcher, you do not have to arrange any contract changes with your home university and will continue to receive your regular salary. We cover your travel expenses, the costs of your apartment during your stay in Leipzig (guest house Leipzig) and a lump sum for additional expenses (616 EUR for the first month of your stay and 420 EUR for the second month)
- If you are an independent researcher, you receive 1.500 EUR per month and we cover your travel expenses.
- MA degree, preferably in sociology, cultural studies, history, political science or European studies
- relevant expertise on Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary or Romania
- interest in the rule of law
- fluency in English
We look forward to receiving your application including a letter of motivation and a CV until 15 August 2022.
Please send it in a single PDF-file to: Dr Lisa H. Anders email@example.com
Dr Lisa H. Anders
Source: 3 Fellowships "Rule of Law Perceptions in East Central Europe" (Leipzig Univ.).
In: H-Soz-Kult, 05.07.2022, <www.hsozkult.de/grant/id/stip-128414>.