- I. Status quo: creeping reforms and a resounding scandal
- II. A brief description of judges' training in Austria
- III. History of the judiciary in judges' training – a luxury?
- IV. Case study: the Curriculum on the History of the Judiciary in 2015/2016
- 1. The creation of the Curriculum in 2009
- 2. Basic concept and target group
- 3. Winter module with a focus on euthanasia by the National Socialists at the Spiegelgrund clinic
- 4. Spring module with a focus on the Mauthausen Memorial
- V. Outlook: history of the judiciary as a compulsory element of judges' training
- 1. Obligation as knee-jerk legislation?
- 2. However: the history of the judiciary can do more